Your Everyday Ice Cream Cake & Celebrating 10,000 Views


Umm, is there something like an everyday ice cream cake? If there is then this could be it! A simple homemade vanilla peppermint ice cream sandwiched between two layers of homemade vanilla cake mix cake.




First things first – We crossed 10,000 views on the blog! So, here’s a huge shout-out and a million thanks to each and every friend and reader for believing in my posts and taking time out to view and read them. Most of all, it gives me great joy that there is a set of readers who are regular and keep checking back about new posts, whenever I lag behind. Not to forget all those who liked and commented on my posts on FB and related communities – let me tell you, each one of you means a lot and you’re the reason why I spring back to form every time I falter.  Thank you, thank you and more of it from my heart! :) 


The last milestone I celebrated was 2000 views and then I did a little something to the blog design. So this time again, here’s a little treat; I gave it a grey tone makeover. The blog now features a fresh header image and a difference font, which I think is better and easy on eyes. Take a look and do let me know how you liked it. 




Now, what’s my celebration post going to be? Many of my friends here asked this, when they found how overjoyed I was to have reached this milestone. I really, really wanted to do a pizza post, because I haven’t done any lately, but then I stumbled upon this very humble yet marvelous dessert and I had to pen this down. 


The other day in a friends’ get-together we had at our place, I made an ice cream cake for dessert; a brownie base with a layer of coffee ice cream topped with another layer of vanilla mint ice cream. They all adored it and the dessert finished in a jiffy, despite the fact that for first few pieces the base was hard to cut through. The brownie had melted chocolate and so freezing overnight made it slightly hard. HE especially loved it and requested for it again, but this time with a cake base. 




So, the celebration post? Ice Cream Sandwich Cake it is! 


YOU NEED:  


Vanilla Ice cream, 250-500 ltr (store-bought or homemade) 

Yellow Cake (recipe given below) 


Yellow Cake Mix Recipe (recipe halved from here)


All-purpose flour, 1 cup plus 2 tbsp

Granulated sugar, ¾ cup

Baking powder, 1 ¾ tsp

Milk, ½ cup + 2 tbsp

Vegetable oil, 1 tbsp

Butter, 60 gm, softened

Vanilla extract, ½ tsp

Eggs, 2  



HOW TO:


Preheat oven at 180 degree Celsius. 


Line a loaf pan with aluminium foil. 


This is a one bowl recipe. 


In a large mixing bowl, using electric mixer (or stand mixer), cream softened butter for 1 min. 


To this sift together flour and baking power. Add sugar and mix well. 


Now add (in the order) milk, oil, vanilla and eggs, and mix together in medium-high speed until everything is well incorporated. 


Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 35-40 min or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. 




Assembling: 


Once the cake is cooled completely, slice off the top to make it even and then slice the cake into two lengthwise. 


Line the same loaf pan with a cling wrap and place the bottom half of the cake in it. 


Give a thick layer of ice cream (if the ice cream is too frozen and prevents easy spreading, beat it with an electric mixer for a min or less so that the consistency improves). 


Secure with the top layer and with any leftover ice cream, give it a thin coat. 


Garnish with some chocolate shavings, cover with cling wrap and return to freezer. In about 2-3 hours, your ice cream cake is ready to serve. 


Comments

Popular Posts