Happy Father's Day - First Memories!


I never wish my dad on Father’s Day or my mom on Mother’s Day. I don’t really say how much I love them or value their presence in every walk of my life, but I’m sure they understand my feelings, respect and love for them even without saying a word! Today looking at the many Father's Day posts, I recollected some first memories and was in the mood to pen them down; not many just two. 




These short fragments from my past still stay crystal clear in my memory. Enjoy reading them and a very happy Father’s day to all dear fathers and there definitely is no replacement for you! I know I am a day late in posting this, but still!



 First Sweet Memory!


 “He carried me along the dimly light path as I lay asleep on his shoulder. The path was bushy and lined with plants with long razor sharp leaves. Yet he managed to keep my leg from getting hurt or dragging on the floor, obviously, I wasn’t a baby then, a child, a real tall one! :-)” – That’s the first memory of my father I can recollect when I think back and his love and care for us still remains strong.



 First Scary Memory!


 “The night was getting darker and a strange sense of fear gripped me. I kept on asking my mother, ‘it is way past the time and he should’ve been home by now’.  Father had gone to his native and was supposed to be back that night; the last train had gone and so was the last bus. We little ones (I and my sister) spent hours hanging on the gate railings and wouldn’t budge or sleep, even when mom came along scolding. A couple of minutes into midnight and from far away we saw a head light on full beam racing fast towards us. We did our quick silent prayers, because we badly wanted it to be him. The vehicle came closer and stopped a couple of feet away from the gate and thank God, there he was! It was still dark and the street light wasn’t helping much; he paid the rikshaw man and walked towards us with a smile. Our joy knew no bounds! But as he came closer, we saw a white bump on his forehead, a little towards his temple. Oh no! Is he hurt? We ran towards him, helped him with the luggage the way our little hands could, although he could very well manage it himself”. - That has been one of the scariest nights I’ve spent in 32 years of my life! While waiting for pre-paid taxi at the railway station, he tripped over a piece of rock and hit his head real hard. The rikshaw man, an angel in disguise, was kind enough to take him to a hospital immediately, got him dressed and dropped him back home. We still thank God for that day and sending the rikshaw man to help him (us), probably the reason why I have grown to like rikshaw more than any means of transportation! :-)

Comments

Popular Posts